How to create templates to streamline
your contracting/construction business
How to make a half-decent template
- choose a 'process' you want to systematize (that becomes the name of the template)
- list each major step of the work to be done (in the best order for you)
- add details and notes for each step (write as if the information is brand new to the person reading it)
- give a 'day' to each step (day 1, day 3, day 7, etc)
- save the template
- use the template
How to make a great template
- use your half-decent template
- fine tune your half-decent template
- rinse and repeat - keep fine tuning your template
- the template WILL become great
How to turbo-charge a great template to schedule work fast
(you need BuildIT for this step):
- choose the template
- decide when you want the work to be started OR completed
- click the schedule button
- move scheduled tasks around as needed
- assign tasks to people on your team (they will automatically be able to see their tasks, listed by Job)
More on leveraging proven business systems...
More on the advantages of business systems for contractors...
Construction processes that can be systematized using BuildIT...
How BuildIT can help your business grow...